Diginomics – The economic impact of being (re)born digital
Chaired by Thierry Rayna, this session will focus on the economic impact of digital technologies. Join us if you want to hear about:
- How the internet newspaper is changing the news industry
- Why so many people pirate and why firms and governments haven’t been prevent it
- Why Apple sells music while Napster rents it and why Microsoft dropped MSN for Zune
- Why DRMs are bound to fail and why recording companies have been forced to abandon them
- Why Web 2.0 is sometimes inefficient and how to improve it
- How to conciliate DRMs with privacy
- How to find new business models for the digital economy
The panelists for this sessions are: Paul Bourgine (Ecole Poytechnique, France), Gary Graham (University of Manchester), Samuel Landau (Comwax CTO), Ludmila Striukova (University College London).
The presentation slides from the session are now available here.