Diginomics – The economic impact of being (re)born digital
This panel will focus on the economic impact of digital technologies. Topics will include:
- Is it possible/desirable to maintain free internet content mainly funded by advertising?
- Thinking outside the advertisement box: new business models for Web 2.0 and beyond
- How has the participation of internet users in the creation, production and reproduction of digital goods affected Web 2.0 economic models and digital industries economic models?
- Is it possible to create economic mechanisms that encourage and reward good online citizenship?
- How economics can help with such issues as piracy, privacy and identity?
- Beyond the hype: how much and by whom are internet and digital technologies actually used?
- How does personalisation and customisation of online content matter?